Warra Cemetery was established in 1901 when three acres of land was set aside by the government of the day for a cemetery reserve. Trustees from the local area were elected to manage the cemetery and this tradition continues today.
There are about two hundred and fifty persons interred at Warra cemetery; their lives, whether short or long, played an integral role in the heritage of this town and district.
Some of the graves have elaborate headstones, other markers are less ornate, and sadly many graves remain unmarked.
For further information, please email [email protected] or phone the Secretary on 0429 457 775